Now that the process of making an exact copy of your favorite willy is complete, you probably can’t wait to try it out. However, keeping your willy clean and bacteria free is key to not only your safety, but the longevity of your new favorite toy as well. Since one of the most common ways to get a bacterial infection is from improperly cleaned sex toys, follow our tips to ensure your willy is squeaky clean.
1) Since your finished clone is made of medical grade, platinum-cure, pure silicone, it is extremely easy to clean. Pure silicones are nonporous and extremely easy to clean and care for. Simply wash it with a mild or anti-bacterial soap and warm water. Be careful not to submerge the vibrator, though. While water resistant, it isn’t waterproof, so if you wish to submerge your Clone, remove the vibrator to keep the electrical components dry.
**To remove the vibrator, wiggle it back and forth while pulling on the silicone Clone. It may stick a little, but it will come out. Once removed, clean it by simply wiping it down with soap and warm water or rubbing alcohol.
2) Another option, after the vibrator is removed is throwing your silicone willy in the dishwasher for an extra deep clean. Platinum-Cure silicone is the “gold standard” of silicones and thus will not leak or flake off any materials on any objects.
3) For super sanitation you can also submerge your replica into boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to remove the vibrator before completely submerging the dildo into the water. If you would like to leave the vibrator inside the clone, hold firmly onto the vibrator when dipping it into the boiling pot of water.
4) For overall cleanliness, make sure and store your clone in a dry, clean place. As long as it’s kept clean, a box or bag made of virtually any material will work just fine. Be sure to completely dry your Clone before storing it to discourage mold and mildew. If there are other toys in your box/bag, keep each item separated, as some materials are not compatible with one another and may cause melting or discoloration when exposed to extreme heat, cold or direct sunlight. Lastly, if storing for extended periods, remove the batteries so they can't leak.
5) If cleaning in general seems like too much of a pain and you use your toy often, you can always put a latex condom over it. Just be sure to use a new condom each time you switch from one person to the next, or from one sexual area to another.
Taking care of your Clone-A-Willy pays off. With safe keeping, regularly cleaning, and
tender care your replica will reward you with many years of safe and sexy fun!